Grand Rapids Equine Assisted Therapy (GREAT)
We specialize in rehabilitation and treatment with a horse.
Equine Assisted Therapy occurs when occupational therapy, physical therapy, or speech-language pathology incorporate the horse’s movement (hippotherapy) and horse related activities into treatment.
Every GREAT therapist is nationally board certified in hippotherapy.
- The horses working in equine assisted therapy and hippotherapy have quality movement, appropriate temperament, and receive specialized ongoing training and care
- Hippotherapy is one part of a comprehensive treatment plan
- The person incorporating or directing hippotherapy is a licensed therapist with additional specialized education in principles of hippotherapy and horsemanship.
- Equine assisted therapy and hipppotherapy are powerful treatment strategies for persons with disabilities
- Co-treatment is very effective
How Do I pay for services?
- Payment for these sessions may be partially covered by your insurance following a doctor’s referral for physical, occupational, and/or speech-language therapy.
- There will be a stable fee charged per visit. Fees vary depending on the location.
- Some clients choose to pay directly.
Call today for an evaluation: (616) 559-1054
Ask about our discounts for Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce Members!