Comprehensive Therapy Center’s Linda Weaver specializes in academic tutoring for children and adults who are living with learning disabilities, especially as the result of traumatic brain injury. We can help with critical thinking, organizing, study strategies, time management, cognitive learning and compensatory methods for memory and attention which will boost reading, language, and math.
Ms. Weaver has over 20 years of experience helping people of all ages compensate for their disabilities, including being a teacher at Mary Free Bed Hospital working for the Grand Rapids Public Schools. She was instrumental in establishing the Traumatic Brain Injury Transition Team. She has been working at CTC for over six years.
Complete Tutoring Center
Adults to Elementary School
Specializing in Brain Injury and Learning Disabilities
- Achieve to grade level
- Receive school credit
- Complete a GED or high school diploma
- Prepare for college entrance
- Succeed at work
Our tutors can help with critical thinking, organizing, time management, cognitive learning and compensatory methods for memory and attention which will boost reading, language and math.
We enjoy working with clients of all ages to help them succeed academically and at work. We have experience working with case managers. Our tutors are here to help.
How can we help you?
- We get results.
- We are easily located on the bus lines.
- Easy going with 25 year of experience
- Team players
- CARF accredited
- Work in educational and medical models
- Highly qualified instructors
We can help individuals with:
- Critical thinking – finding the main idea, understanding ideas and inferences, idioms, decision making, recognizing there is a conflict
- Organizational methods – having a neat work area, how to use a date book effectively, making personal digital assistant work for you, how to make time lines and checklists
- Time management – meeting deadlines, doing most important things first, prioritizing, setting aside the time to do work
- Strategies for cognitive learning – 3Rs, self-recording, how to pay attention, getting good grades, using reading and writing for better learning
- Compensatory methods – study skills to help learn academics, earning school credits, how to practice for effective learning, learning and remembering vocabulary
- Memory and attention strategies – mnemonic devices, attention to details, acronyms help improve memory, letter strategies, key word, improve and enhance memory
- Literacy and reading coaching for all ages –understanding meaning and details, clustering, breaking activities into smaller segments, reading aloud for comprehension, real world activities
- Math – how to master adding, subtraction, multiplication and division; how to do story problems, using calculators
Call our office for more information or to refer clients: 616-559-1054.
We accept insurance and private payment for services.
Print a copy of our referral form and fax it to us at: 616-559-1056 Fax