Dance/Movement Therapy (DMT)
Come see us to dance and move your way through therapy.
Dance/Movement Therapy is all about the process of dancing and moving. Instead of talking through therapy, you dance about it.
Our therapist is one of three registered Dance/Movement Therapists in West Michigan.
What is DMT?
- DMT can foster creative self-expression, and provides safe and effective
options for relating to others and coping with the environment.
- DMT is a way to accept a disability and work through it.
- Through therapy an individual develops self-awareness and self-acceptance.
At DMT you learn how to:
- Connect with others.
- Make eye contact.
- Develop coping skills, including ways to calm, and self-sooth.
- Relieve anxiety.
- Improve emotional control.
- Increase frustration tolerance.
Who benefits from DMT?
- Children and adults of all ages.
- Anyone currently receiving physical or occupational therapy.
- Individuals with depression and anxiety.
- People with developmental disorders, autism, or other disabilities.
- Anyone with a physical or psychological impairment.
Call today for an evaluation: (616) 559-1054
We accept many insurances.