Assistive Technology Services
We can help you improve your skills with your low tech, high tech, and speech-generating AAC equipment.
Our Speech Pathologists will work with families to:
- Select appropriate AAC equipment.
- Establish a unique communication system.
- Train caregivers.
- Get the most from the current system.
- Make a plan to upgrade to a more complex system.
- Update equipment.
- Expand usage.
- Update programming and add vocabulary.
- Troubleshoot other issues that arise.
To learn more about our assitive technology services, email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 616-559-1054
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you accept insurance?
We accept many insurances, including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Care Network
- United Health Care
- United Health Care- Community Plan
- Priority Health
If your insurance is not on here, reach out to us anyway. We can check with our insurance folks to see if we can add them to our list!
What if my insurance doesn't cover it?
All service fees are adjusted on a sliding scale, based on income. For programs like Therapy and Fun, we offer payment plans (not based on credit) over 6-9 months.
What documents do you need to get started?
We usually need the following items before we can schedule you:
- a copy of your insurance card
- a doctor’s referral (fax to 616-559-1056)
- a copy of your child’s IEP, if applicable
How long does it take to get an appointment?
We can usually see new clients within two weeks. The longest part of the process is usually waiting to hear back from insurance.