- August 5th: Released our COVID 19 Preparedness and Response Plan
- August 3rd: Re-opened the clinic, with reduced hours, for in-person services.
- July 7: The first day of our first ever TeleTherapy & Fun summer program began.
- July 6: CTC entered Phase 2 of our Reopening Plan.
- July 29: Our first virtual event, the 15th Annual Read to Me Tea, was launched.
- June 22: CompuCraft donated funds to purchase new iPads for teletherapy. Board and staff matches followed.
- June 1: we began seeing clients via teletherapy.
- May 20: CTC was approved funds from the Nonprofit Technical Assistance Fund to purchase hardware to assist in teletherapy.
- May 15: CTC entered Phase 1 of our Reopening Plan.
- May 1: Work began on our reopening plan, which was approved by both CTC’s board and staff.
- March 20: CTC closed its doors to all clients and staff. All in-person services were suspended while we upgraded our technology and moved towards a teletherapy model.
To Our Families, Friends, and Supporters:
We are delighted to announce that while CTC has been proud to help flatten the curve of Covid-19 in West Michigan, we have begun to start in-person services again.
We can see one client at a time in person, with plenty of time between sessions to sanitize the room and equipment. Required safety measures include:
- PPE for every person who comes into the clinic.
- Temperature checks for all clients and staff.
- Families of clients will be asked to wait in their cars or outdoors when possible.
- Social distancing measures will be maintained.
If you have questions or want to schedule an appointment, please call (616) 559-1054 or email email@example.com.
Yours in the service of children with developmental disabilities and delays,