What is Dance/Movement Therapy (or DMT)?
Who can benefit from DMT?
- Children and adults of all ages.
- People who receive physical or occupational therapy.
- People with depression and anxiety.
- People with developmental disorders, autism, or other disabilities.
- People with a physical or psychological impairment.
DMT can help you express yourself. It is a way to accept your disability and work through it. Therapy can help you develop self-awareness and self-acceptance.
What does DMT look like?
Dance/Movement Therapy is fun! Sarah uses all sorts of props from scarves and ribbons, to pool noodles and parachutes. All these tools will help enhance and encourage movement.
The session ends with closure and cool down before you get back into your the daily routine.